The landscape of education, training and employment opportunities that students and parents need to navigate is more complex and challenging than that faced by previous generations.
The Careers Team
The academy has a dedicated careers team who are here to help guide students through their career and future options.
Careers Leader – Mrs Jennifer Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Principal- Tom Neill email@example.com
Vice Principal for SMSC – Julie Ashmore firstname.lastname@example.org
SEND – Serena Wellman email@example.com
Wey Valley Academy works in partnership with an independent advice and guidance Adviser
Careers Adviser – Ms S Guillemet firstname.lastname@example.org
To help and guide our students, as they start to consider their future, we offer careers education and guidance via the curriculum, assemblies, work experience and 1-1 meetings with a qualified Careers Adviser.
We welcome approaches from, and work with, higher education providers, local further education colleges, apprenticeship providers, employers and our alumni to support our CEIAG programme.
The Academy has completed the Careers and Enterprise Company Compass evaluation tool and is using this to support the development of the Academy’s Career Development Plan.
We are committed to providing a planned programme of high quality Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) to all students and recognise the important role that careers education / work-related learning plays in:
· Preparing and supporting young people to sustain employability and achieve personal and economic wellbeing throughout their lives.
· Raising aspirations and inspiring young people to achieve their full potential.
· Supporting young people to plan and manage their own futures.
· Contributing to strategies for raising achievement, especially by increasing motivation.
· Developing key skills, such as communication, resilience, team working, problem solving and personal management.